Saturday, November 22, 2008

Game Day
















What a day. It began with waking up at the crack of dawn (or it is to me!), turn on pie (pirate movie) for Elan, and head to Teryn's house to buy out her garage sell. I only ended up getting a few items, because I could not squeeze into a pair of jeans and other things that I would have loved to have...but I guess I didn't NEED it. After that I dropped by the church where our lovely staff members were having "church work day" (thank you guys for your hard word today!) and I waited for my friend Amy & her 3 kiddos to pick me up and drive a couple hours to a playoff game. We had a rock start because we had to pick up some McDonald's on the way, but you can't just quickly do anything in Burleson, because there are a MILLION people at McDonald's, the gas station, & walmart...needless to say, I don't think she's going to drive through Burleson anymore :) Anyway, we made it to the stadium after we threw the useless Mapquest map on the floorboard (those things are not easy to read & often mislead you). We had fun cheering on the Lions, but I froze my rear off the whole time. Many of us prayed for God's Will to be done as the game came near to the end, so the boys took tonight as just one small trial in their lives. Tomorrow is a new day that the Lord has made, and today will only make those boys stronger. They cannot be ashamed of their great season, in which all the other teams thought we would be the weakest team in the district, but the Faith Lions fight hard! When left the game with a bit of sadness but still joyful in our hearts. I felt much better when we stopped in West for some awesome kolaches!!!! (It's almost a sin for anyone to pass the bakery in West) And now I'm home & finally going to sleep. Good night all!!! Have a great day in the Lord tomorrow.

No comments: