
Man, it’s really hard to find time to blog now. Tis the season of finals! But I finished one final today and now I have a 7 page paper and another final to finish. Right now, it’s not going well because I’m caught up in watching The Nativity Story! I love it. I’ve had many Christmas things going on lately, but good thing I did most of my shopping already!
Last Sunday I went to my 1st cookie exchange. It sounded fun and it was…..BUT the process of making special Christmas cookies was not a great experience. Don’t try to be unique when you’re in a hurry! I decided to use my new pampered chef cookie press, so I used the spritz cookie recipe and Christmas cutters that came with the package. The 1st batch was good and it went down hill from there. Long story short, they looked like play dough (red wreathes, green trees, blue snowflakes) and tasted like nothing with a hint of flour. It was funny but not! By midnight, I gave up on those cookies. I was not taking those to the cookie exchange! I began making the Candy Cane cookies using the recipe that my mom and I had used every Christmas. They took a lot longer that I thought, because 4am rolled around and I had only made 35 cookies…patiently rolling & twisting red and plain cookie dough. I gave up and went to bed. Long story short, I ended up having the best disaster story. The party was still fun and I came home with about 35 really good cookies that other people made!
Hmmmm, let’s see……I missed a couple other Christmas parties because I was working on school stuff of course. But I guess the last fun thing was our Choir’s cantata at Church called Fear Not! Oh ya, and the Women’s Chrismas party, which was full of eating and ornament exchanging! Anyway, We had worked hard for months on our song and it turned out pretty good, surprisingly enough. I usually don’t get nervous now that I am used to singing on most Sundays, but we had a big crowd, plus my family came. Thank the Lord, we had a lot of people at church to hear the good news through music! I’m glad the stress of rehearsals is over, but I’m sad, because that means Christmas is almost over….with only 9 days left.
I also did family pictures after our cantata. Just to let everyone know, it pays off to have someone take pictures for you, because it took forever to put the camera on a ladder, position it and everyone right in the amount of 10 seconds before the flash goes off. And you know one picture won’t suffice, so we ended up with a lot more. But I was happy that I actually go a picture with my nephew, Eli, while his eyes were open! He’s so precious.
Anyway, I’m still excited for more events to come this month like the Candlelight service, the last of shopping, spending time with Drew and other family without homework in the way, Christmas, Drew's cows to have babies (hopefully soone!), and then the thrills of student teaching! Oh ya, I got my placements and I will be at Frazier Elementary (Ethan’s school) and Hughes Middle school in Burleson. I also finished my last big teaching exam, which is one step closer to certification. Alright, now that I’m some what caught up…back to my paper that I haven’t started yet :) .




2 comments:
Hey girl! I hope that you have a blessed Christmas! Maybe once Christmas is over at some point we can get together and go do something! Have fun with your family, and Drew of course!
: )
Hi, Courtney! I am glad I found your blog through Lea's blog!!! Your nephew is adorable! I know you had a wonderful Christmas with him! Good luck with your student teaching!!! You are almost through!!!
Post a Comment